• 1910

    • The Iowa Portland Cement Company is formed and builds a wet process plant in Des Moines, operating two kilns.
    • A quarry is opened near Earlham, Iowa, 30 miles west of the plant. The rock is moved to the plant by rail.
  • 1920

    • Hawkeye Cement Company takes over the operation.
  • 1940

    • Marquette Cement Manufacturing Company buys the plant.